€ 5,50 With VAT€ 4,55 Without VAT
PAINT ECO Cold-Pressed Linseed Oil is extracted using cold pressing technology. Linseed oil soaks into the wood, highlighting its structure. Protects from moisture. The product needs preparation before use: heat-up in a water bath.
Application of Cold-Pressed Linseed Oil
Indoors and outdoors. For uncoated surfaces as well as for previously oiled surfaces. Outdoors – as a primer for wood, concrete, plaster, etc. Can also be used for diluting boiled linseed oil stains and paints. Widely used in restoration projects.
5-6 days at average temperature of +20 (± 2) ̊C. Low temperature, high humidity and wood moisture content can result in extended drying time.
Preparation of the surface:
– surface must be dry and clean, free from dust and with no rosin residue
– moisture content of wood cannot exceed 18%
– product can be used only if the surface has been cleaned of previous coat(s) of chemical coating
– it is recommended to use the product in average temperatures between +10 ̊C. – +25 ̊C. Do not use on a sun heated surface
– for outdoor use, prior to product application, in order to avoid or eliminate fungal infections of wood, it is recommended to apply water-based antiseptic in corresponding colour.
1 liter in a single coat covers
– rough sawn timber ~5-8 m2
– planed timber ~8-12 m2
– hardwood ~30-36 m2
These consumption parameters are merely indicative; your consumption might differ from these parameters.
Course of work:
! Previous layer(s) of chemical coating must be removed before to apply Cold-Pressed Linseed Oil.
Recommended to apply in one or two layers.
– for application use short bristle brushes, rollers and spray; cotton cloth or paper towels for wiping
– before use heat up in water bath up to +40 ̊C – +50 ̊C
– for linseed oil to soak into the surface, dilute it with natural turpentine (up to 15-20%)
– the product must be applied evenly; layer has to be as thin as possible
– allow the product to soak for 20-30 min., thoroughly wipe excess product with a clean cloth or paper towels
– there is no need to wipe excess oil from unprocessed wood, distribute excess product across the surface
– the second layer can be applied after no less than 5-6 days
– for second layer course of work is identical as for application of first layer.
– use only as a primer
It is recommended to clean used tools with natural turpentine or soapy water.
Store the product away from children in thoroughly sealed packaging. Opened products must be thoroughly sealed after each use. Store in room temperature, away from sunlight. Do not store near food. In the storage room avoid any ignition hazards – smoking near the product is forbidden.
CAUTION! Materials soaked with linseed oil are under the risk of self-ignition! Immediately after use, paper towels or cloth must be burned or soaked in water and disposed. Avoid spilling into surrounding environment, ground water and oil.