€13,50 – €40,00
Linseed oil wood paint is manufactured using boiled linseed oil, natural mineral pigments and binders. For application outdoors and indoors. Wood paint creates an elastic coating and completely covers the wooden surface. Boiled linseed oil, which is one of the main components of paint, soaks into the wood and protects it from moisture. Wooden paint does not peel or crack and extends abrasion resistance of the wood. Natural mineral pigments provide high UV (ultraviolet) ray protection. Surface coated with paint is easily renewable.
PAINT ECO paint is manufactured in 8 different shades; additional shades can be produced on request.
Application of linseed oil wood paint
Outdoors and indoors. For uncoated wooden surfaces (facades, floor planks, logs, furniture, etc.), as well as for oiled surfaces. Widely used in restoration projects. Product also can be used to paint metal surfaces, plaster and concrete.
24 hours at average temperature of +20 (± 2) ̊C. Low temperature, high humidity and wood moisture content can result in extended drying time.
Preparation of the surface:
- surface must be dry and clean, free from dust and with no rosin residue
- moisture content of wood cannot exceed 18%
- product can be used only if the surface has been cleaned of previous coat(s) of chemical coating
- it is recommended to use the product in average temperatures between +10 ̊C – +25 ̊C. Do not use on a sun heated surface
- for outdoor use, prior to product application, in order to avoid or eliminate fungal infections of wood, it is recommended to apply water-based antiseptic in corresponding colour.
1 liter in a single coat covers
- rough sawn timber ~5-8 m2
- planed timber ~8-12 m2
- hardwood ~28-30 m2
These consumption parameters are merely indicative; your consumption might differ from these parameters.
Course of work
! Previous layer(s) of chemical coating must be removed before applying linseed oil wood paint.
OUTDOORS and INDOORS
Recommended to coat in two layers.
- thoroughly stir the product before and during use
- for application use short bristle brushes, rollers and sprays (with special preparation)
- first layer must be applied evenly, layer has to be as thin as possible, dilute paint with natural turpentine (up to 15-20%)
- allow the surface to dry for at least 24 hours before applying the next layer, check if the surface has completely dried
- for second layer apply non-diluted paint. Course of work is identical to the first layer instructions
- second layer provides a glossy finish.
First maintenance in 8-10 years. The frequency of maintenance depends on weather impacts, location of the building, coating methods and conditions- factors that cannot be controlled by the manufacturer. Therefore, when coating becomes dull, on top of previous coating, apply new layer of product.
100 g, 0.5l, 1l, 3l, 10l.
It is recommended to clean used tools with natural turpentine or soapy water.
Store the product away from children in thoroughly sealed packaging. Opened products must be thoroughly sealed after each use. Store in room temperature, away from sunlight. Do not store near food. In storage room avoid any ignition hazards – smoking near product is forbidden.
Materials soaked with boiled linseed oil paint are under the risk of self-ignition! Immediately after use, paper towels or cloth must be burned or soaked in water and disposed. Avoid spilling into surrounding environment, ground water and oil.