Whitened boiled linseed oil that eliminates natural yellowing of the surface and prevents it from darkening. A unique product that can maintain its properties in the long-term. Made for treating any type of wood indoors.
Application: Indoors. Whitened Boiled Linseed Oil can apply to all kinds of wooden surfaces – furniture, walls, ceilings, etc. For uncoated surfaces as well as for previously oiled surfaces. Widely used in restoration projects.
Drying time: 24 hours at an average temperature of +20 (± 2) ̊C. Low temperature, high humidity and wood moisture content can result in extended drying time.
Preparation of the surface:
- surface must be dry and clean, free from dust and with no rosin residue
- the moisture content of wood can not exceed 18%
- the product can be used only if the surface has been cleaned of previous coat(s) of chemical coating
- it is recommended to use the product in average temperatures between +10 ̊C – +25 ̊C. Do not use it on a sun heated surface.
Consumption: 1 litre in a single coat covers
- rough sawn timber ~5-8 m2
- planed timber ~8-12 m2
- hardwood ~30-36 m2
These consumption parameters are merely indicative; your consumption might differ from these parameters.
Course of work:
! Previous layer(s) of chemical coating must be removed.
Recommended to apply in one or two layers.
- for application use short bristle brushes, rollers and spray; cotton cloth or paper towels for wiping
- the first layer must be applied evenly layer has to be as thin as possible
- allow the product soak for 20-30 min. after applying to planned timber or hardwood, thoroughly wipe excess product with a clean cloth or paper towels
- there is no need to wipe excess oil from unprocessed wood, distribute excess product across the surface
- allow the surface to dry for at least 24 hours before applying the second layer
- for the second layer, course of work is identical as for application of the first layer.
Packaging: 100 g, 1l, 3l, 10l.
It is recommended to clean used tools with natural turpentine or soapy water.
Store the product away from children in thoroughly sealed packaging. Opened products must be thoroughly sealed after each use. Store in room temperature, away from sunlight. Do not store near food. In the storage room avoid any ignition hazards – smoking near the product is forbidden.
Expiration date: 3 years
Materials soaked with whitened boiled linseed oil are under the risk of self-ignition! Immediately after use, paper towels or cloth must be burned or soaked in water and disposed. Avoid spilling into surrounding environment, ground water and oil.