Stain for terrace increases surface abrasion resistance. This product is developed for intensively used surfaces as decking and terraces. Decking stain contains natural ingredients – boiled linseed oil and mineral pigments that provide elastic, breathing coating and protect from UV rays and moisture.
PAINT ECO stain for the terrace is manufactured in 2 different shades.
Application: Outdoors. Decking stain is used for pine, spruce, larch and hardwood terrace planks. Stain for terrace Can also be applied on garden furniture and wooden fences. For coating of impregnated planks.
Drying time: 24 hours at average temperature of +20 (± 2) ̊C. Low temperature, high humidity and wood moisture content can result in extended drying time.
Preparation of the surface:
- surface must be dry and clean, free from dust and with no rosin residue
- the moisture content of wood cannot exceed 18%
- product for terrace can be used only if the surface has been cleaned of previous coat(s) of chemical coating
- it is recommended to use the product at average temperatures between +10 ̊C – +25 ̊C. Do not use on a sun heated surface
- for outdoor use, prior to product application, in order to avoid or eliminate fungal infections of wood, it is recommended to apply water-based antiseptic in corresponding colour.
Consumption: 1 litre in a single coat covers
- planed timber ~8-12 m2
- hardwood, larch, etc. ~30-36 m2
These consumption parameters are merely indicative; your consumption might differ from these parameters.
Course of work:
! Previous coat of chemical coating must be removed.
Recommended to coat in 2 layers.
- thoroughly stir the product before and during use
- for application use short bristle brushes, rollers and sprays; cotton cloth or paper towels for wiping
- the first layer must be applied evenly, the layer has to be as thin as possible, and diluted stain with natural turpentine (up to 5%)
- allow the product to soak for 20-30 min. after applying to planed timber or hardwood, thoroughly wipe the excess product with a clean cloth or paper towels
- allow to surface to dry for at least 24 hours before applying the next layer
- for the second layer apply non-diluted stain. The course of work is identical as for application of the first layer
Maintenance: First maintenance in 3 years (for intensively used places after 1-2 years). The frequency of maintenance depends on weather impacts, location of the building, coating methods and conditions- factors that cannot be controlled by the manufacturer. Therefore, when coating becomes dull, on top of previous coating, apply a new layer of product.
Packaging: 100 g, 1l, 3l, 10l.
It is recommended to clean used tools with natural turpentine or soapy water.
Store the product away from children in thoroughly sealed packaging. Opened products must be thoroughly sealed after each use. Store in room temperature, away from sunlight. Do not store near food. In the storage room avoid any ignition hazards – smoking near the product is forbidden.
Expiration date: 3 years
Materials soaked with boiled linseed oil stain for terrace are under the risk of self-ignition! Immediately after use, paper towels or cloth must be burned or soaked in water and disposed. Avoid spilling into surrounding environment, ground water and oil.